With a holistic, caring, and naturopathic approach to weight loss, Port Orchard Natural Medicine in Gig Harbor has been helping people achieve their weight loss goals for more than a decade.
Dr. Robertson is an empathetic, practically-minded individual who helps patients understand the complexity of weight issues and uncover the underlying factors that are contributing to weight gain and retention.
Whether your weight struggles are due to hormonal imbalances, digestive issues, or diet, Dr. Robertson will help you uncover the truth and work with you towards a healthier future with a goal-driven weight loss strategy.
Medical Weight Loss Clinic in Gig Harbor
At Port Orchard Natural Medicine’s weight loss clinic in Gig Harbor, patients will be evaluated in order to determine if specific health issues are affecting their ability to lose weight.
Some of the things patients are evaluated for include:
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Stress hormones (DHEA and Cortisol)
- Female/Male hormone imbalances
- Insulin Resistance (Blood Sugar Regulation)
- Thyroid function to include free thyroid hormones
- Toxic burden to the body to include heavy metals
- Inflammation, both systemic and local
- Sleep quality and deprivation
- Gut dysbiosis – poor gut function and intestinal permeability issues due to yeast, parasites, bad bacteria, lack of digestive enzymes, and/or good bacteria
- Neurotransmitters – otherwise known as our brain chemistry
- Nutritional deficiencies
Our 4-Phase Weight Loss Approach
Dr. Robertson has refined a 4-phase weight loss process that shows consistent and measurable weight loss. This approach introduces patients to a special diet called The Ideal Protein Diet which guides patients through the 4 phases in this order:
Phase 1: Weight Loss
Phase 1 focuses on achieving rapid weight loss in order to get patients to their ideal body weight.
This phase is broken down into five steps:
- Consultation: to begin phase 1, you will have a meeting with Dr. Robertson to discuss your goals, potential challenges, and to create a meal plan for the rest of the phases.
- Introducing the diet: the next step is to introduce your new diet into your lifestyle. The diet that you will be following will be high in protein and will be in accordance with the meal plan that you and Dr. Robertson have decided on together.
- Results tracking: each week, you will come into the clinic for a brief meeting, weighing, and measuring.
- Nutrition & health education: every day of phase 1 you will watch a short, educational video that discusses health and nutrition.
- Screening for potential health issues: Dr. Robertson will do routine checking to ensure that your body is functioning optimally and to rule out the possibility of potential health issues that could be hindering your success.
Phase 2: Digestive Health Focus
Beginning Phase 2, you will be at your optimal weight and your focus will then shift to stabilizing your diet and digestion. You will introduce new wholesome foods into your diet and will become an expert on nutrition fundamentals.
Phase 3: Pre-Stabilization
Now that your digestion and diet have stabilized, it’s time to help you transition to a diet that will help you maintain your ideal weight.
During this phase, carbs will be reintroduced to your diet and you will focus on increasing your intake of whole foods.
Phase 4: Maintenance
The final and longest stage lasts for an entire year and focuses on maintaining a healthy lifestyle with healthy eating habits. This phase is meant to set you up for a lifetime of maintaining a healthy weight.
Some of the main focuses of Phase 4 include:
- Adequate protein intake
- Limiting carbs & fat
- Learning to indulge in a healthy way (having weekly “treat” day)
Once the maintenance phase is complete, you should be in a stable, healthy place with a balanced weight.
You are encouraged to continue visiting the weight loss clinic periodically to check-in, and the best part is, you won’t be charged — rather, our team will welcome the chance to see you and hear about your success.
Start the Journey Towards a Healthier & Happier You
Give Port Orchard Natural Medicine’s weight loss clinic in Gig Harbor a call today or contact us to get started on your journey towards a happier, healthier you. We are passionate about helping our patients achieve their weight loss goals and feel confident in their health.