Unfortunately, per the National Institute of Health, nearly 70% of Americans are overweight or obese — a number that is expected to climb to 80% by 2030.
Fortunately, an ever-increasing number of people are starting to strike back against the current weight epidemic by getting their own weight under control and seeking healthier lifestyles.
Here at Port Orchard Natural Medicine, we are passionate about helping our patients achieve their weight-loss goals and develop healthy habits in their lives.
Dr. Rachel Robertson is an expert at helping people uncover the factors contributing to their weight (whether that be diet, hormones, digestive health, etc.) and will help you create a strategy to reach your ideal weight.
If you would like to begin your own weight-loss journey, here is how Dr. Robertson can help you.
Medical Weight Loss Clinic In Port Orchard
For most patients, there are a number of things that need to be corrected in order for them to make progress with their weight. Dr. Robertson understands this multi-faceted approach to weight loss and helps her patients develop a holistic mindset towards weight loss.
When evaluating a patient for reasons they may not be losing weight, Dr. Robertson evaluates the following factors:
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Stress hormones (DHEA and Cortisol)
- Female/Male hormone imbalances
- Insulin Resistance (Blood Sugar Regulation)
- Thyroid function to include free thyroid hormones
- Toxic burden to the body to include heavy metals
- Inflammation, both systemic and local
- Sleep quality and deprivation
- Gut dysbiosis – poor gut function and intestinal permeability issues due to yeast, parasites, bad bacteria, lack of digestive enzymes, and/or good bacteria
- Neurotransmitters – otherwise known as our brain chemistry
- Nutritional deficiencies
By correcting health issues (like the ones above) and helping her patients develop healthy eating and exercise habits, Dr. Robertson has helped hundreds of people achieve their weight loss goals.
The 4-Phase Weight Loss Journey
Here at Port Orchard Natural Medicine, we guide our patients through a 4-phase weight loss process called the Ideal Protein Diet. For over 10 years, Dr. Robertson has helped patients use this diet to produce measurable and consistent results.
Here is how the Ideal Protein Diet works:
Phase 1: Weight Loss
The first phase of the Ideal Protein Diet is all about getting you down to your ideal weight. This phase includes a number of steps:
- Your initial consultation with Dr. Robertson. During this meeting, you’ll go over what you’re eating, address potential challenges, and make a meal plan.
- Following a ketogenic diet. The meal plan decided on by you and Dr. Robertson will involve eating an optimal amount of protein.
- Eat Ideal Protein Diet foods. Here at our weight-loss clinic, we offer over 70 Ideal Protein meals to choose from.
- Weekly results tracking. A once-per-week meeting where you come into the weight loss clinic to get weighed and measured.
- Diet and health education. This involves watching one short video every day.
- Checking for potential health problems. Dr. Robertson will make sure your body is running smoothly in regards to the potential negative-health-factors listed at the beginning of this page.
During phase 1, you will see a measurable weight loss of 2-3 pounds per week. Once you reach your ideal weight, then it’s on to phase 2!
Phase 2: 14 Days Of Digestive Health
Now that you’ve reached your goal weight, it’s time to stabilize your diet. This phase introduces more whole foods and teaches you the fundamentals of food and how it impacts your body.
After 14 days of eating your adjusted phase 2 diet, it’s time to move to phase 3.
Phase 3: Pre-Stabilization
The purpose of phase 3 is to transition you to a maintainable diet that will help you keep your ideal weight long-term. This means reintroducing carbs during breakfast and increasing your morning intake of whole foods.
Phase 4: Maintenance
This is the last phase of the Ideal Protein Diet. Phase 4 lasts for 12 months and is designed to teach you healthy lifestyle and diet habits that will help you keep the weight off for the rest of your life.
A few of the key components of this phase include:
- Consistent protein consumption. The maintenance phase emphasizes eating an optimal amount of protein each day. For most of Dr. Robertson’s patients, this means taking their body weight, dividing it in half, and then eating that number of grams of protein each day.
- Limiting carbs and fat. Other than at breakfast, you are encouraged to avoid eating foods that are rich in fats and carbs.
- Introducing indulgence day! You get to choose one day per week to be your “treat” day. On this day, and only this day, you are allowed to eat foods that are normally avoided by the Ideal Protein Diet.
Even after the maintenance phase is completed, you are still encouraged to come into the clinic for weekly checkups and coaching sessions (at no cost to you).
Even better, once you’ve completed all four phases, you are still able to purchase Ideal Protein meals from our medical weight-loss clinic!