PRP micro needling can be done as a remedy for hair restoration. It is a non-surgical procedure that helps reverse hair loss. The procedure involves several microneedling treatments using platelet- rich plasma, which stimulate the wound healing process and tissue repair to promote hair growth. The procedure works by stimulating the production of collagen on the scalp, which helps to improve the thickness and density of the hair. PRP for hair loss can only be done by a doctor and may require a consultation to ensure the patient is a good candidate for the procedure. It is suggested to have several treatments done for maximum results. Treatment will have different steps then regular microneedling.
Areas We Serve:
At Port Orchard Natural Medicine, we evaluate each patient carefully to determine the correct course of treatment. Platelet-rich plasma therapy is popular with many patients because it enhances the body’s natural healing abilities.
The platelets in the PRP injection perform many functions within the body. The most crucial part here is that they release compounds to stimulate growth. Your tissues regenerate more quickly and grow stronger as a result.
Applying this therapy directly to the site of the injury ensures that not one platelet goes to waste. Patients will usually start to feel relief after the first treatment.
Depending on the nature of the injury, you may require a series of up to three injections. Dr. Robertson administers your PRP treatment over three months. She allows for a gap of at least two to three weeks between each injection.
Specialist treatments include:
- PRP Injection – Hair: Platelets injected directly into the follicles in the scalp stimulate hair growth. Over time, it may be possible to reverse hair loss.
- PRP Injection – Face: Injecting platelets into the face smooths wrinkles and plumps the skin.
The benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma Injections include:
- Minimally invasive: During the procedure, Dr. Robertson takes blood from the patient. She then separates the plasma and injects it into the injury site. There is no surgery necessary.
- Safe and straightforward: The procedure is very simple and has been around for several years. There are few, if any, side effects.
Natural: Your blood is the source of the treatment. No other chemicals or drugs are necessary.
- A concentrated source of platelets: Dr. Robertson draws your blood and places it into a centrifuge. This process separates out the platelets from the red blood cells, leaving a concentrated form of plasma. The solution contains growth factors that reduce inflammation and stimulate the healing response.
- No downtime: There is no surgery, and so you do not need to take time off for recovery. It’s a quick outpatient procedure.
It couldn’t be simpler to enjoy the benefits of the platelet therapy treatments from Port Orchard Natural Medicine & Aesthetics in Port Orchard, Washington. Simply schedule an appointment, and speak to Dr. Robertson about your health and beauty goals. Dr. Robertson will discuss your health and evaluate if you’re a good candidate or not. After this, she will develop a personalized treatment plan.
The therapy itself is simple. First, the doctor numbs the area and then extracts 20mL of blood. She then places this in the centrifuge and waits for the platelet-rich plasma to separate from the other cells. You’ll wait about 15 minutes while the centrifuge works its magic. While you’re waiting, the doctor may perform an ultrasound to identify the best point for the injection. She’ll then inject the platelets into the injured tissue, and you can leave.
Could a PRP injection be the correct choice for you? Don’t waste your time searching for a “PRP injection near me.” Instead, call Port Orchard Natural Medicine in Port Orchard, Washington at (360) 876-5000 today to schedule your consultation
Meet Dr. Robertson and her friendly team and discuss your options with them. They’ll answer any questions about the treatment that you may have and explain how it works. In addition, the team will also assist you in determining if your medical insurance covers this therapy. If not, the team can help you set up a convenient payment plan.
Services We Offer: