Our 4-Phase Weight Loss Approach
If you are new to the world of Ideal Protein, here’s how it works:
Phase 1: Weight Loss
To set you up for long term success with health, in the first phase we will focus on getting you to your ideal weight using the Ideal Protein Diet.
This phase will include:
- An initial consultation with Ideal Protein expert, Dr. Robertson. At your consultation, Dr. Robertson will help you make a meal plan, take note of what you are currently eating, and discuss potential hurdles that may come your way during your weight loss journey.
- Your meal plan will include an ideal amount of protein consumption and will follow ketogenic guidelines.
- Here at our Bremerton clinic, we are proud to offer more than 70 Ideal Protein meals for our patients to choose from.
- During this first phase, you will come to the Bremerton clinic weekly to be weighed and measured. This is to ensure that results are being tracked frequently.
- Phase 1 will also include helpful videos discussing health and diet. This is to equip patients with nutrition education to aid them in making healthy diet choices.
- Dr. Robertson will check in with you to ensure that you are healthy throughout phase 1 and that you are feeling well to rule out any negative health factors that could affect your progress.
To give you an idea of what you might expect, most patients see a loss of about two or three pounds of weight per week during phase 1. Once you have reached your ideal weight, you will progress to phase 2.
Phase 2: 14 Days Of Digestive Health
After you have achieved your ideal weight, we turn to phase 2, which focuses on stabilizing your diet, digestive health, and introducing more healthful whole foods into your diet. You will receive helpful education about the effects that food has on your body so that you are equipped with adequate nutrition knowledge. This phase lasts for two weeks before moving on to the next phase in your healthy body journey.
Phase 3: Pre-Stabilization
Phase 3 is all about focusing on creating a diet that is sustainable long term. This means introducing more whole foods into your diet and seeking to create a balanced diet that will allow you to maintain your current, ideal body weight.
Phase 4: Maintenance
The healthy living journey is all about sustainability and maintenance. This phase lasts for a whole year and focuses on creating healthy eating habits. Once instilled, these healthy habits will be enough to help you continue in a healthy lifestyle at your ideal weight.
Key aspects of this phase are:
- Adequate, consistent protein intake. For many patients at our Bremerton clinic, this means halving their body weight and eating that number of grams of protein each day. If for example, you weigh 130 pounds, you should be consuming 65 grams of protein each day.
- Limiting carbohydrates and fats. In order to maintain your ideal body weight, you will need to limit foods that are particularly high in carbs and fat (breakfast is an exception to this rule).
- Have a “treat” day. Life gets boring without a treat day every now and then. We encourage patients at our Bremerton clinic to indulge in a guilt-free treat day once a week. This keeps the healthy lifestyle fun and manageable — and you deserve it!
Benefits of Ideal Protein Treatments
One of the biggest benefits of Ideal Protein is that it sets you up for a lifetime of success and healthy habits. Throughout the entire Ideal Protein journey, patients will be educated about nutrition and healthy habits. They will leave the Ideal Protein program with an appreciation for food, health, and their bodies that they didn’t have previously.
After finishing the Ideal Protein Program you will have the knowledge and determination needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle for a lifetime.
What to Expect from Ideal Protein Treatments
Here are some things that patients can expect from the Ideal Protein program:
- Weight loss without muscle loss
- Stabilized blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure
- Boosted energy and appetite control
- Burning of fat as energy
- Coaching visits with weight loss expert, Dr. Robertson
- A supportive network who are here to help you reach your body weight goals
Begin Your Journey Towards a Healthier Body
Beginning your journey towards a healthier body and lifestyle is easier than you think. Contact Port Orchard Natural Medicine in Bremerton today to get started on your weight loss journey.