In PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy, the doctor uses a concentrated injection of the patient’s platelets to promote healing and regeneration. The technique is simple, minimally invasive, and highly effective.
The PRP method has clinically proven advantages in treating musculoskeletal problems, including sports injuries such as tennis elbow, knee sprains, or pulled hamstring muscles. It can also help manage degenerative diseases such as knee osteoarthritis.
Dermatologists and aesthetic clinics use PRP to augment hair restoration, contribute to skin rejuvenation, and help minimize acne scars.
Under the skilled leadership of Dr. Rachel Robertson, Port Orchard Natural Medicine offers PRP injection in Silverdale.
PRP treatment involves taking about 20 mL of the patient’s blood, which then passes through a centrifuge, to obtain a concentrated platelet serum. Platelets, also known as thrombocytes, are responsible for several vital restorative functions in the body. A platelet solution contains powerful growth factors and anti-inflammatory agents that can promote healing.
Once the serum is ready, the doctor can inject it topically into the treatment site, such as the patient’s knee, face, or scalp. Sometimes the treatment session may require ultrasound imaging for a more effective placement of the injection.
PRP therapy is very safe when performed under proper conditions in an authorized facility. Because the injection substance comes from the patient’s body, the risk of allergic reaction is virtually non-existent.
There are several contraindications for PRP therapy. Namely, patients who suffer from an active infection, specific blood or bleeding disorders, some skin diseases, or metastatic diseases may not be suitable candidates for the procedure.
At Port Orchard Natural Medicine, we use PRP therapy in multiple applications, from a broad range of musculoskeletal conditions to aesthetic procedures like facial skin rejuvenation.
- PRP injection for knees: Knee injuries are notoriously slow to heal and may involve significant pain and limited mobility. PRP treatment can help restore knee tendons, boost ligament repair, and stimulate cartilage growth.
- PRP injection for hair: Many patients dealing with hair loss experience discomfort over their altered appearance. PRP injections into the scalp follicles can promote hair growth and even reverse hair loss over time.
- PRP injection for face: A direct platelet injection into the skin of the face stimulates collagen growth, which results in smoother skin and plumper, more youthful facial contours.
An initial course of PRP therapy usually requires several sessions 2-4 weeks apart. Depending on the condition, Dr. Robertson may also recommend less frequent maintenance treatments.
In recent years, PRP therapy has been getting some well-deserved acclaim from medical practitioners thanks to the significant advantages of this method:
- PRP is minimally invasive. This quick outpatient procedure does not involve surgery or require any downtime from the patient. Most people can go on with their normal daily routine after a PRP session.
- PRP is simple and safe. The technique has been in use for several years with practically zero side effects.
- PRP is natural. The patient’s blood is the source of the therapeutic material. No need for harmful drugs or any other chemicals.
- PRP is effective. Most patients report immediate relief after the first procedure. PRP is a prevalent treatment among professional athletes who need to speed up recovery from sports-related injuries.
Multiple studies have clinically proven the effectiveness of platelet-rich plasma therapy in treating musculoskeletal and dermatological conditions. In clinical trials, people who received PRP injections displayed significantly lower pain levels and improved physical function than the placebo group.
Port Orchard Natural Medicine is proud to offer platelet-rich plasma injections by Dr. Rachel Robertson, a naturopathic doctor who specializes in holistic primary care, anti-aging, and longevity medicine. Dr. Robertson is a member of the American Board of Anti-Aging Health Practitioners and is board certified by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
Are you ready to explore the benefits of PRP therapy and how it can help improve your health? Searching for “PRP injection near me”? We look forward to seeing you at Port Orchard Natural Medicine.
Join our many patients in the area of Silverdale, WA, who have harnessed the benefits of PRP to relieve chronic pain, improve mobility, and give their bodies a rejuvenating boost.
Book a consultation today or fill out a quick online form to inquire about our services.