- Dermaplaning is great for all skin types. It is Manual exfoliation versus chemical. Great option for pregnant or nursing women or those with sensitive skin. ( those who are not able to use certain products or receive certain treatments)
- Safe cosmetic procedure and not painful.
- Minimize the appearance of acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles, and dull skin.
- The procedure reveals smoother, firmer, and healthier skin.
- Gets rid of dead skin
- Removes unwanted hair
- Allows for deeper penetration of skincare products, making products more effective.
- Allows for smoother/ easier makeup application
What To Know/ How to Prep Skin for Treatment
- Inspect your skin properly before the procedure, be sure there are no cuts, scrapes, or bruising. The skin should be healthy and free of any injury.
- Avoid exfoliants or any other skincare products that will over sensitize your skin ex) retinols, AHAs, BHAs, enzymes. For 5-7 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid waxing a week before appt.
- Avoid botox or filler before dermaplaning
What To Expect During Treatment
The treatment will start with a double cleanse using a light foamy cleanser.
Then a smoothing toner is applied to the skin to prep the skin for treatment and ensure skin is free of any excess sebum, cell debris, or impurities. A sensation may be felt at the time of application but should not be painful. Once skin is dry the dermaplaning will begin. Dermaplaning is the manual exfoliation portion of the service . It is encouraged for the client to relax and avoid talking or chewing gum during this portion of the treatment. Service provider then uses a special instrument (sterile surgical grade scalpel). The blade will move back and forth across the skin, it does not make cuts to the skin but gently shaves off the top layers of skin. This portion of the treatment can take between 20-50 min depending on size of the area and skin health. Once the dermaplaning portion is over, a toner will be used to cleanse the face of any debri (ex. dead skin/ peach fuzz) left from the dermaplane. Then a mask will be applied to the skin, typically a hydrating mask but a revitalizing mask may be used if appropriate. Mask will be left on for 5-10 in then gently rinsed off with warm water. Finishing products are then applied, up to 2 corrective serums, moisturizer, and SPF are massaged onto the face.
What To Expect After The Treatment
- Skin will look and feel smoother
- You may experience some temporary redness, this will subside within 12-48 hours after treatment.
- Products will penetrate deeper.
- Brighter, smoother, more radiant skin.
- Purging may occur
- Use a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer at least twice daily for a minimum of 7 days post treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for a minimum of 3 days post treatment. If you must be in the sun, apply SPF 30 or greater, reapply often and seek shade when possible.
- Avoid using scrubs or other exfoliators.
- Avoid chlorine and swimming pools.
- Apply serums and moisturizers.
- Use sunscreen when going outside.
How Often Should You Receive Dermaplaning Treatment?
Because dermaplaning doesn’t use any chemical solutions or goes deeper than the top layer of skin, it can be performed on a fairly regular basis. That’s why we recommend getting a dermaplaning treatment every four weeks to help maintain healthy and radiant skin. Dermaplaning can be combined with chemical peels, EMFACE treatments, or a signature facial to enhance results.